At Numi Lash & Brow we carry three different grade of lashes; cashmere, silk, and synthetic mink. Our lashes come in different thickness, lengths, and curl.
Refills are recommended around every 2-3 weeks for classic and 3-4 weeks for volume lashes. To qualify for a refill, your lash extensions should still have a 40-50% retention. At your refill appointment, if your lash extensions are less than 40% left, your lash technician will only be able to fill what is possible in the given appointment time. To maintain the same fullness as a new set, come in for your fill more frequent. During the process, only very grown out lash extensions will be removed, new lashes will be put in.
Lash extensions are applied only to your one natural lashes at a time, never touching your skin. There is always a safe distance between your lash extensions and your skin. If the lash glue is on your skin it causes irritations( dry skin and itchiness). There’s only a small amount of glue dipped onto the lashes, therefore glue would never drip into your eyes.
After 1 week, your lash extensions is growing out a little along with your natural lashes.
After two weeks you extensions and natural lashes are grown out a little more than before
This is after 4 weeks of growth. Some lashes will grow faster than other, this all depends on your natural lash cycle. This is the reason why we recommend coming in for your refill sooner. For classic lashes, it is best to come in between 2-3 weeks and volume lashes 3-4 weeks. When lashes are outgrown, they can bend or turn because of the weight. Lashes then get messy and tangly, this can sometimes cause damage to your natural lashes because of the pulling weight on the natural lashes.
Clustered lashes are sadly used by a lot lash technician to perform permanent eyelash extensions. What are cluster lashes? They are thick pre-glued lashes or chunks of volume lashes that are not properly fanned.
Why are they bad for natural lashes? They are bad because they are super heavy for natural lashes to handle. With the pre-glue base, extra glue is added to attach to natural lashes. They also have a bigger base than Russian volume lashes, therefore they can easily attach to 2-5 natural lashes. When one or two natural lash falls out it pushes the other lashes to come out too. Huge chunks of unfanned volume lashes are bad for your lashes too because they can easily pull more glue, making it harder to isolate natural lashes. They also don’t look as fluffy and natural, it makes your lashes look stiffer.
How to maintain eyelash extension at home?
FIRST 24 HOURS
1. Avoid water as much as possible.
2. No exercising
3. If your eyes are red, irritated from the glue fumes or eye patches, use eye drops to help ease the redness and irritation. Please give us a call after 48 hours if irritation and redness persist.
4. After 12 hours, if your eyelids are itchy and swollen please give us a call, there’s a possibility that you are allergic to the products. If allergies are detected, lash extensions must be removed for your safety.
5. For 48 hours avoid sauna and hot tubs
1. Be gentle, avoid touching, rubbing and picking the eyelashes, this can cause premature hair loss.
2. Do not wear mascara and waterproof eyeliner, they are hard to clean and can cause build up
3. Avoid heavy make-up as much as possible
4. Do not sleep on your face, and avoid sleeping on the side if possible. Your lash extensions will fall out faster along with your natural lashes.
5. Do not perm, curl or tint eyelash extensions
6. Avoid oil-based and waterproof products (make-up products, cleanser, and lotion). If it does not say “OIL FREE” its best to avoid it on the eye area.
7. Try not to frequently use the sauna, steam room and swimming pool.
8. Eyelash extensions should never be brushed when it is saturated with water.
9. Clean lashes every day for longer retention and to avoid dandruff or infections
10. Brush your lash at least once a day to help it from tangling and crossing. It is normal for extensions to go messy after a night of sleep.
Put cleaning solution in a small cup, dip cleansing brush into solution, wipe on lashes with a downward motion from lash base to lash tip. Repeat till lash is clean. Let lashes air dry or dap lightly to dry with tissue. NO Q-tip, cotton pad or makeup wipes on lash base, as the lint from the products can tug and pull glue base and lashes.
The cleaning solution can be bought in a foam pumping bottle, making it easier to apply onto lashes. It also can be made at home by mixing 30% tear-free baby shampoo and 70% water.
Eyelash extension shapes/style
There are a few eyelash extensions style, cat-eyes, doll-eyes, natural eyes, and messy eyes.
Cat eyes: Lashes are longest at the outer corner of the eyes. It gets gradually or dramatically shorter at the inner corner of the eyes.
Doll eyes: Lashes are longest at the middle of the eyes. it gets shorter on both corners of the eyes.
Natural eye: Lashes are longest around the eyebrow arch area. The inner corner of the eyes are where lashes are the shortest and outer corner are where its mid-lengths.
Messy eyes/ Kim-K: This look is where short lashes and long lashes are randomly placed.